Ullah S, Ross TM. Next generation live-attenuated influenza vaccine platforms. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2022 May 3
Areas covered: This review focuses on different live-attenuated platforms for influenza virus vaccine development and proposes essential considerations for a rational universal influenza virus vaccine design.
Expert opinion: : Despite the recent efforts for universal influenza virus vaccines, there is a lack of broadly reactive antibodies induction that can confer broad and long-lasting protection. Various strategies using live-attenuated influenza virus vaccines (LAIVs) are investigated to induce broadly reactive, durable, and cross-protective immune responses. LAIVs based on NS segment truncation prevent influenza virus infection and have shown to be effective vaccine candidates among other vaccine platforms. Although many approaches have been used for LAIVs generation, there is still a need to focus on the LAIVs development platforms to generate a universal influenza virus vaccine candidate.
- Duck CD8 + T Cell Response to H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus Infection In Vivo and In Vitro 2 days ago
- Early risk of acute myocardial infarction following hospitalization for severe influenza infection in the middle-aged population of Hong Kong 2 days ago
- Understanding the rebound of influenza in the post COVID19 pandemic period holds important clues for epidemiology and control 4 days ago
- Evaluation of PCR-Based Hemagglutinin Subtyping as a Tool to aid in Surveillance of Avian Influenza viruses in Migratory Wild Birds 5 days ago
- Influenza virus NS1 interacts with 14-3-3ε to antagonize the production of RIG-I-mediated type I interferons 6 days ago