China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Hunan
submited by kickingbird at Sep, 9, 2017 8:43 AM from CHP, Hong Kong
The 67-year-old male patient in Zhangjiajie had onset on August 27 and was admitted to hospital for severe pneumonia. He had exposure to a live poultry market before onset.
Travellers to the Mainland or other affected areas must avoid visiting wet markets, live poultry markets or farms. They should be alert to the presence of backyard poultry when visiting relatives and friends. They should also avoid purchasing live or freshly slaughtered poultry, and avoid touching poultry/birds or their droppings. They should strictly observe personal and hand hygiene when visiting any place with live poultry.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds), Netherlands 3 days ago
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry), Dominican Republic 4 days ago
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry), France 5 days ago
- Important: New publications updated in F.I.C 5 days ago
- Journal Review: H9N2 and H7N9 cases 5 days ago