Gülen F, C?cek C, Kurugol Z, Demir E, Zeyrek D, Oz. Parainfluenza type 3 outbreaks in Izmir children, Turkey. Trop Doct. 2007 Oct;37(4):252-254
The present study was aimed to investigate characteristics of lower respiratory tract infections caused by parainfluenza type 3 viruses. Nasopharyngeal smears were taken from 178 patients with lower respiratory infections for the diagnosis of respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, influenza and parainfluenza viruses between December 2004 and April 2005. Parainfluenza type 3 was isolated from the viral specimens of 96 (53.9%) patients and it was noticeable that the parainfluenza type 3 outbreak occurs during winter. Obviously, improving the aetiological diagnosis of viral infections might avoid unnecessary therapy, antibiotics in particular, and would allow for preventive isolation of infected patients.
- Effect of influenza H1N1 neuraminidase V116A and I117V mutations on NA activity and sensitivity to NA inhibitors 14 hours ago
- Detection of influenza D virus in bovine respiratory disease samples, U.K 14 hours ago
- A single amino acid change in hemagglutinin reduces the cross-reactivity of antiserum against an equine influenza vaccine strain 14 hours ago
- Early T-BET Expression Ensures an Appropriate CD8+ Lineage–Specific Transcriptional Landscape after Influenza A Virus Infection 14 hours ago
- Deep sequencing of 2009 influenza A/H1N1 virus isolated from volunteer human challenge study participants and natural infections 1 days ago