Foni E, Chiapponi C, Lori D, De Marco MA, Delogu M, Raffini E, Massi P. Detection of influenza A virus by RT-PCR and standard methods in experimental infection of Ducks. New Microbiol. 2005 Jan;28(1):31-5
Detection of influenza A virus by RT-PCR and standard methods in experimental infection of Ducks.
Foni E, Chiapponi C, Lori D, De Marco MA, Delogu M, Raffini E, Massi P.
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Lombardia e dell´Emilia Romagna "Bruno Ubertini", Sezione diagnostica di Parma, via dei Mercati 13/A, Parma, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloacal swabs collected from mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos) experimentally infected with a H7N1 avian influenza strain were examined by Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction to detect the influenza A virus. Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction was compared with standard methods: inoculation of embryonated chicken eggs and inoculation of three established cell lines: Newborn Swine Kidney cells, Newborn Pig Trachea cells and Madine Darby Canine Kidney cells. Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction was performed using a set of primers based on conserved regions of the matrix and nucleoprotein genes.
- Rank orders of mammalian pathogenicity-related PB2 mutations of avian influenza A viruses 6 days ago
- The Human Lung Glycome Reveals Novel Glycan Ligands for Influenza A Virus 6 days ago
- Detection of H3N8 influenza A virus with multiple mammalian-adaptive mutations in a rescued Grey seal (Halichoerus grypus) pup 6 days ago
- Person-to-Person Transmission of Avian Influenza A (H7N9) Among Family Members in Eastern China, 2016 6 days ago
- Generation of neutralizing and non-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies against H7N9 influenza virus 13 days ago