Zefeng Dong, etc.,al. Hemagglutinin gene characteristics of the H9N2 avian influenza virus from the first patient infected with this virus in Jiangsu province. DOI： 10.3760/cma.j.cn112866-20201019-00268
MethodsReverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay was used to detect the nucleic acid of influenza virus A/B and various subtypes from throat swab specimens of patients with acute and severe respiratory infections of unknown cause. Sanger method was used to sequence the vial HA gene of H9N2 positive specimens. N-J phylogenetic tree of HA gene was constructed by using MEGA X software.
ResultsThe first laboratory confirmed case of human infection with H9N2 avian influenza virus in Jiangsu province in March 2019 was reported by Suzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Sequence analysis of the HA gene showed that the A/Suzhou/S683/2019 (H9N2) strain belonged to Y280-like sub-lineage of the Eurasian lineage, which had 99.23% nucleic acid identity with A/chicken/Shanghai/S1171/2018 (H9N2) strain. The amino acid sequence of the HA protein cleavage site is PSRSSR↓GLF, and the key amino acid in receptor binding site shared Q226L mutation. The location of potential glycosylation sites of HA protein of A/Suzhou/S683/2019 (H9N2) have changed.
ConclusionsThe H9N2 avian influenza virus obtained from the first case in Jiangsu province has low pathogenicity, but it may have acquired part of the ability to adapt to human hosts.
- Characterization of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Viruses isolated from Cats in South Korea, 2023 14 hours ago
- One HA stalk topping multiple heads as a novel influenza vaccine 14 hours ago
- Influenza vaccine effectiveness against influenza-A-associated emergency department, urgent care, and hospitalization encounters among U.S. adults, 2022-2023 3 days ago
- Effect of 2020-21 and 2021-22 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5 Epidemics on Wild Birds, the Netherlands 3 days ago
- The ER-Golgi transport of influenza virus through NS1-Sec13 association during virus replication 4 days ago