Huang LY, etc.,al. Epidemiological investigation of the first confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) virus infection in Beijing. DOI:10.3760/cma.j.issn.1673-4092.2020.05.007
Methods The relatives of the case were interviewed to obtain data of disease onset, treatment process and information of close contacts. The respiratory tract samples of the case and the close contacts, poultry specimens frozen at homes of the case and persons of co-exposure were collected for nucleic acid testing and genome analysis.
Results The case had severe pneumonia. Before onset, the patient solely cooked the frozen chicken bought by the neighbour from one market in Human province. The samples of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, sputum collected at the early stage of diseases were positive for the nucleic acid of avian influenza A(H5N6) virus. Genomic analysis indicated that the sequences obtained from bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and frozen poultry samples were highly similar. The Clade typing of HA gene showed the virus belonged to highly pathogenic avian influenza virus clade 220.127.116.11.
Conclusions Processing of frozen poultry products may also cause infection, suggesting that process of unquarantined frozen poultry products can also be risky.
- Characterization of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Viruses isolated from Cats in South Korea, 2023 14 hours ago
- One HA stalk topping multiple heads as a novel influenza vaccine 14 hours ago
- Influenza vaccine effectiveness against influenza-A-associated emergency department, urgent care, and hospitalization encounters among U.S. adults, 2022-2023 3 days ago
- Effect of 2020-21 and 2021-22 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5 Epidemics on Wild Birds, the Netherlands 3 days ago
- The ER-Golgi transport of influenza virus through NS1-Sec13 association during virus replication 4 days ago