Zhang G, Xu L, Zhang J, Fang Q, Zeng J, Liu Y, Ke. A H9N2 Human Case and Surveillance of Avian Influenza Viruses in Live Poultry Markets - Huizhou City, Guangdong Province, China, 2021. China CDC Wkly. 2022 Jan 7;4(1):8-10
What is added by this report?: A new case of H9N2 that occurred in April 2021 in Huizhou City, Guangdong Province, China, was reported in this study. Epidemiological and laboratory information of the case and routine influenza surveillance data of avian influenza A were presented in this report.
What are the implications for public health practice?: The emergence of a human infected with Avian Influenza Virus H9N2 demonstrates that there is an urgent need to strengthen the surveillance of influenza-like illness and live poultry market.
- Improved method for avian influenza virus isolation from environmental water samples 23 hours ago
- Swine influenza virus triggers ferroptosis in A549 cells to enhance virus replication 2 days ago
- Dynamic downscaling and daily nowcasting from influenza surveillance data 2 days ago
- HA and M2 sequences alter the replication of 2013-16 H1 live attenuated influenza vaccine infection in human nasal epithelial cell cultures 2 days ago
- Has Epizootic Become Enzootic? Evidence for a Fundamental Change in the Infection Dynamics of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Europe, 2021 2 days ago