Liu R, Patel A, Du X, Liu H, Liu B, Wang C, Di Tan. Association between influenza vaccination, all-cause mortality and cardiovascular mortality: a protocol for a living systematic review and prospective meta-analysis. BMJ Open. 2022 Mar 31;12(3):e054171
Methods and analysis: We aim to perform a living systematic review and a prospective meta-analysis to evaluate the efficacy and safety of influenza vaccines compared with no vaccines or placebo for preventing mortality or CVD events in the general population and in populations with pre-existing CVD. Any types of randomised controlled trial and observational study meeting the Population, Intervention, Comparator, Outcome and Study design criteria for the research question will be selected for inclusion. The living systematic review status will be maintained for 3 years with an update for every 6 months. Mainstream medical literature databases will be independently searched by two authors with predefined strategies. Two authors will perform the risk of bias assessment with consensus. Narrative synthesis and meta-analyses will be performed to summarise the results.
Ethics and dissemination: Formal ethical review is not required as this study does not involve primary data collection. We will publish results of the living systematic review and prospective meta-analysis in a peer-reviewed journal. Findings will also be presented at relevant meetings.
- Severity of influenza-associated hospitalisations by influenza virus type and subtype in the USA, 2010-19: a repeated cross-sectional study 2 days ago
- Antiviral Susceptibility of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Viruses Circulating Globally in 2022-2023 2 days ago
- Ecological characterization of 175 low-pathogenicity avian influenza viruses isolated from wild birds in Mongolia, 2009-2013 and 2016-2018 2 days ago
- Influenza H7N9 virus disrupts the monolayer human brain microvascular endothelial cells barrier in vitro 2 days ago
- Deep mutational scanning of influenza A virus neuraminidase facilitates the identification of drug resistance mutations in vivo 2 days ago