Liu Y, Wang Y, Liu B, Cong X, Ji Y, Guo X, Gao Y. Phylogenetic analysis and clinical characteristics of the co-occurring mutations in HA and NA genes of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses during 2015-2017 in Beijing, China. Virol J. 2020 Nov 19;17(1):182.
Methods: A(H1N1)pdm09 was confirmed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. HA and NA genes were sequenced and phylogenetically analyzed. Clinical characteristics of the co-occurring mutations were analyzed statistically.
Results: By analyzing the HA and NA gene sequences of 33 A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses during the 2015-2017 influenza season, we found that all the viruses shared high similarities to each other and the HA genes of these viruses exclusively belonged to subclade 6B.1A. Several unreported substitutions in HA and NA proteins were observed, furthermore, co-occurring mutations of HA-V169T, A278S, E508G, D518E and NA-V67I were detected in 30.3% (10/33) A(H1N1)pdm09 virus strains when comparing with vaccine strains A/California/07/2009 and A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1). Sore throat was significantly associated with co-occurring mutations in HA and NA of A(H1N1)pdm09 (χ2, P < 0.05).
Conclusions: Co-occurring mutations in HA and NA were detected in A(H1N1)pdm09 isolated during 2015-2017 in Beijing. Symptomatically, sore throat was associated with co-occurring mutations in HA and NA of A(H1N1)pdm09. Therefore, studying the effect and mechanism of co-occurring mutations in HA and NA on patients´ clinical features is of note needed.
- Different intervention strategies toward live poultry markets against avian influenza A (H7N9) virus: model-based assessment 22 hours ago
- Molecular characteristics of H9N2 influenza viruses isolated from farmed raccoon dogs and arctic foxes in China 22 hours ago
- Surveillance of multiple subtype specific antibodies against avian influenza viruses among egg yolk in wild ducks from northeast China, 2017~2019 22 hours ago
- Host ANP32A mediates the assembly of the influenza virus replicase 3 days ago
- Low Pathogenicity Avian Influenza (H5N2) Viruses, Dominican Republic 3 days ago