Liu Y, Wang Y, Liu B, Cong X, Ji Y, Guo X, Gao Y. Phylogenetic analysis and clinical characteristics of the co-occurring mutations in HA and NA genes of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses during 2015-2017 in Beijing, China. Virol J. 2020 Nov 19;17(1):182.
Methods: A(H1N1)pdm09 was confirmed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. HA and NA genes were sequenced and phylogenetically analyzed. Clinical characteristics of the co-occurring mutations were analyzed statistically.
Results: By analyzing the HA and NA gene sequences of 33 A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses during the 2015-2017 influenza season, we found that all the viruses shared high similarities to each other and the HA genes of these viruses exclusively belonged to subclade 6B.1A. Several unreported substitutions in HA and NA proteins were observed, furthermore, co-occurring mutations of HA-V169T, A278S, E508G, D518E and NA-V67I were detected in 30.3% (10/33) A(H1N1)pdm09 virus strains when comparing with vaccine strains A/California/07/2009 and A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1). Sore throat was significantly associated with co-occurring mutations in HA and NA of A(H1N1)pdm09 (χ2, P < 0.05).
Conclusions: Co-occurring mutations in HA and NA were detected in A(H1N1)pdm09 isolated during 2015-2017 in Beijing. Symptomatically, sore throat was associated with co-occurring mutations in HA and NA of A(H1N1)pdm09. Therefore, studying the effect and mechanism of co-occurring mutations in HA and NA on patients´ clinical features is of note needed.
- Monitoring Influenza Virus Survival Outside the Host Using Real-Time Cell Analysis 1 hours ago
- A Dynamic, Supramolecular View on the Multivalent Interaction between Influenza Virus and Host Cell 2 hours ago
- Genetic Characteristics of Avian Influenza Virus Isolated from Wild Birds in South Korea, 2019-2020 2 days ago
- Eosinophil Responses at the Airway Epithelial Barrier during the Early Phase of Influenza A Virus Infection in C57BL/6 Mice 2 days ago
- The virulence modulator PA-X protein has minor effect on the pathogenicity of the highly pathogenic H7N9 avian influenza virus in mice 2 days ago