Friel D, Co M, Ollinger T, et al. Non-neutralizing antibody responses following A(H1N1)pdm09 influenza vaccination with or without AS03 adjuvant system. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2020;10.1111/irv.1
Methods: We conducted an exploratory analysis of a subset of 106 subjects having no prior history of A(H1N1)pdm09 infection or seasonal influenza vaccination enrolled in a previously reported study (NCT00985673). Antibody responses against the homologous A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) vaccine strain and a related A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1) seasonal influenza strain were analyzed up to Day 42.
Results: Baseline seropositivity determined with hemagglutination inhibition (HI), CDL and ADCC antibody titers against viral strains was high; A/California/7/2009 (HI [40.4-48.1%]; CDL [34.6-36.0%]; ADCC [92.1-92.3%]); A/Brisbane/59/2007 (HI [73.1-88.9%]; CDL [38.0-42.0%]; ADCC [86.8-97.0%]). CDL seropositivity increased following vaccination with both adjuvanted and non-adjuvanted formulations (A/California/7/2009 [95.9-100%]; A/Brisbane/59/2007 [75.5-79.6%]). At Day 21, increases in CDL and ADCC antibody geometric mean titers against both strains were observed for both formulations. After 2 doses of AS03-adjuvanted vaccine, vaccine responses of 95.8% (≥9-fold increase from baseline in CDL titers) and 34.3% (≥16-fold increase from baseline in ADCC titers) were seen against A/California/7/2009; and 22.4% and 42.9%, respectively, against A/Brisbane/59/2007. Vaccine responses after 2 doses of the non-adjuvanted vaccine were broadly similar.
Conclusions: Broadly comparable non-neutralizing immune responses were observed following vaccination with non-adjuvanted and AS03-adjuvanted A(H1N1)pdm09 formulations; including activity against a related vaccine strain.
- Decreased Influenza Activity During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, Australia, Chile, and South Africa, 2020 1 days ago
- Human TRA2A determines influenza A virus host adaptation by regulating viral mRNA splicing 1 days ago
- Enterotropism of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N8 from the 2016/2017 epidemic in some wild bird species 3 days ago
- Hemagglutinin from multiple divergent influenza A and B viruses bind to a distinct branched, sialylated poly-LacNAc glycan by surface plasmon resonance 3 days ago
- Emerging HxNy Influenza A Viruses 3 days ago