Yang CR, King CC, Liu LD, Ku CC. FluConvert and IniFlu: a suite of integrated software to identify novel signatures of emerging influenza viruses with increasing risk. BMC Bioinformatics. 2020;21(1):316
Results: Using our recently developed FluConvert and IniFlu software, we automatically processed and rearranged sequence data by standard viral nomenclature, determined the group-related consensus sequences, and identified group-specific polygenic signatures. The software possesses powerful ability to integrate viral, clinical, and epidemiological data. We demonstrated that both multiple basic amino acids at the cleavage site of the HA gene and also at least 11 more evidence-based viral amino acid substitutions present in global highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N2 viruses during the years 2009-2016 that are associated with viral virulence and human infection.
Conclusions: FluConvert and IniFlu are useful to monitor and assess all subtypes of influenza viruses with pandemic potential. These programs are implemented through command-line and user-friendly graphical interfaces, and identify molecular signatures with virological, epidemiological and clinical significance. FluConvert and IniFlu are available at https://apps.flutures.com or https://github.com/chinrur/FluConvert_IniFlu.
- Genetic characteristics and pathogenicity of novel reassortant H6 viruses isolated from wild birds in China 17 hours ago
- Risk Mapping of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5 during 2012-2017 in Taiwan with Spatial Bayesian Modeling: Implications for Surveillance and Control Policies 2 days ago
- Administration of a CXCR2 antagonist, SCH527123, together with oseltamivir suppresses NETosis and protects mice from lethal influenza and piglets from swine-influenza infection 2 days ago
- Identification of key candidate biomarkers for severe influenza infection by integrated bioinformatical analysis and initial clinical validation 3 days ago
- Incidence, risk factors and impact of seasonal influenza in pregnancy: A national cohort study 3 days ago