Yang CR, King CC, Liu LD, Ku CC. FluConvert and IniFlu: a suite of integrated software to identify novel signatures of emerging influenza viruses with increasing risk. BMC Bioinformatics. 2020;21(1):316
Results: Using our recently developed FluConvert and IniFlu software, we automatically processed and rearranged sequence data by standard viral nomenclature, determined the group-related consensus sequences, and identified group-specific polygenic signatures. The software possesses powerful ability to integrate viral, clinical, and epidemiological data. We demonstrated that both multiple basic amino acids at the cleavage site of the HA gene and also at least 11 more evidence-based viral amino acid substitutions present in global highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N2 viruses during the years 2009-2016 that are associated with viral virulence and human infection.
Conclusions: FluConvert and IniFlu are useful to monitor and assess all subtypes of influenza viruses with pandemic potential. These programs are implemented through command-line and user-friendly graphical interfaces, and identify molecular signatures with virological, epidemiological and clinical significance. FluConvert and IniFlu are available at https://apps.flutures.com or https://github.com/chinrur/FluConvert_IniFlu.
- Pathogenicity and transmissibility of clade 184.108.40.206 highly pathogenic avian influenza virus subtype H5N6 in pigeons 13 hours ago
- Genesis and spread of multiple reassortants during the 2016/2017 H5 avian influenza epidemic in Eurasia 13 hours ago
- A panel of anti-influenza virus nucleoprotein antibodies selected from phage-displayed synthetic antibody libraries with rapid diagnostic capability to distinguish diverse influenza virus subtypes 13 hours ago
- Transboundary spread of equine influenza viruses (H3N8) in West and Central Africa: Molecular characterization of identified viruses during outbreaks in Niger and Senegal, in 2019 13 hours ago
- AIV polyantigen epitope expressed by recombinant baculovirus induces a systemic immune response in chicken and mouse models 3 days ago