China starts human trials of bird flu vaccine
submited by kickingbird at Dec, 22, 2005 9:26 AM from Xinhua News Agency
A total of 120 people, aged from 18 to 60 and all from Beijing and in good health, had volunteered to take part in the trials, Xinhua said.
"After half an hour of clinical observation, the volunteers experienced no bad reaction of either the whole or part of the body," the agency said.
Though the trials will need nine months of tests, initial results are expected within the first three, it added.
Xinhua provided no further details.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 7 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022