China starts human trials of bird flu vaccine
submited by kickingbird at Dec, 22, 2005 9:26 AM from Xinhua News Agency
A total of 120 people, aged from 18 to 60 and all from Beijing and in good health, had volunteered to take part in the trials, Xinhua said.
"After half an hour of clinical observation, the volunteers experienced no bad reaction of either the whole or part of the body," the agency said.
Though the trials will need nine months of tests, initial results are expected within the first three, it added.
Xinhua provided no further details.
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry), United Kingdom 2 days ago
- China: human H9N2 AIV cases reported in Anhui and Fujian province 2 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N8), South Africa 2 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N2), Chinese Taipei 2 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Chinese Taipei 13 days ago