China:MOA is studying bird flu virus found in Qinghai
submited by kickingbird at Jul, 2, 2005 14:55 PM from Xinhua News Agency
Jia Youling, also director general of the Veterinary Bureau of the ministry, said the ministry is testing the virulence of the virus.
It will report the result to related international organizations as soon as it comes out, he said.
He said after bird flu was found in China last year, China has provided five viral strains to the World Health Organization.
The ministry hopes to carry out cooperation with international organizations and also welcomes international experts to Chinese labs to study, Jia said.
Qinghai reported finding bird flu at the beginning of May and more than 6,000 migratory birds died of the disease while no fowl or human beings report being infected.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N6), Vietnam 3 days ago
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry)(H5N2), Dominican Republic 3 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N2), Chinese Taipei 5 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N5), Chinese Taipei 5 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Mexico 7 days ago