Fluvirin flu vaccine statement, UK Dept of Health
submited by kickingbird at Oct, 10, 2004 10:23 AM from medicalnewstoday
As a result of this action the company will not be able to release any batches of their Fluvirin influenza vaccine to any market.
Nobody has this vaccine yet, or has been immunised with it.
Although Chiron were only due to supply a small proportion of our overall flu vaccine, we made contingency arrangements to ensure that adequate stocks would be available to meet any potential shortfall and to minimise the impact any delay would have on the flu programme.
We have alerted and updated Flu Immunisation Co-ordinators in England to the issue and advised where additional stocks of flu vaccine can be sourced.
Copies of these letters are provided below.
Download Flu Immunisation Co-ordinators Letter (PDF, 129K)
Download Flu Immunisation Co-ordinators Follow-up Letter (PDF, 110K)
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 13 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022