Japan lifts ban on poultry imports from 3 US states
submited by kickingbird at Sep, 29, 2004 4:39 AM from XinhuaNet News
The ban on US poultry imports was imposed by Japan´s Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries on Feb. 7 following the discovery of chickens infected with avian flu in Delaware.
On June 9, Japan lifted the ban on imports except for those from the three states and Connecticut, New Jersey and Texas, wherethe end of an outbreak of a less virulent type of bird flu had notbeen confirmed.
The import ban will remain for imports from Connecticut, New Jersey and Texas, according to the ministry.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 13 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022