Malaysia: Chickens at four farms free of bird flu
submited by kickingbird at Aug, 25, 2004 20:45 PM from The Star, Malaysia
News Update by The Star News Desk
KOTA BARU: Chickens at four poultry farms in Kelantan are free from the avian influenza following checks by the Kelantan Veterinary Health Department (JPH) on 385,000 broilers in the state.
No new cases have been reported in the village or other areas in Kelantan, according to JPH director Dr Idris Kadir.
The first phase of the checks will end Aug 26 and the second phase, is scheduled to end Sept 2. More personnel have been deployed in Bukit Bunga, Rantau Panjang and Pengkalan Kubor, Tumpat to prevent chicken from being smuggled into the country.
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Fujian province 2 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N1), Mali 4 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N1), Hungary 6 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (Infection with H5N6) (non-poultry including wild birds), China 6 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (Infection with H5N5) (non-poultry including wild birds), Russia 7 days ago