China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Sichuan Province
submited by kickingbird at Apr, 21, 2022 17:26 PM from CHP, Hong Kong S.A.R
The case involves a 56-year-old male living in Deyang City in Sichuan Province, who had exposure to live domestic poultry before onset. He developed symptoms on March 31 and was admitted for treatment on April 4. He is in serious condition.
From 2014 to date, 77 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N1) reported in Guangxi Autonomous Region 20 hours ago
- China: Black-faced spoonbill carcass tests positive for H5N1 virus in Hong Kong S.A.R 20 hours ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Gansu province 1 days ago
- WOAH: Portugal-influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (non-poultry including wild birds) (H5N1) 3 days ago
- WOAH: Ireland-high pathogenicity avian influenza viruses (poultry) (H5N1) 3 days ago