China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 16, 2022 1:25 AM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Release
The case involves a 51-year-old female living in Nanchang in Jiangxi Province, who had exposure to live domestic poultry before onset. She developed symptoms on February 20 and was admitted for treatment on February 23. She is in critical condition.
From 2014 to date, 74 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N1) reported in Guangxi Autonomous Region 21 hours ago
- China: Black-faced spoonbill carcass tests positive for H5N1 virus in Hong Kong S.A.R 21 hours ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Gansu province 1 days ago
- WOAH: Portugal-influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (non-poultry including wild birds) (H5N1) 3 days ago
- WOAH: Ireland-high pathogenicity avian influenza viruses (poultry) (H5N1) 3 days ago