China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 1, 2021 22:50 PM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Release
The case involves a 58-year-old woman living in Yongzhou, Hunan Province, who had exposure to a live poultry market before the onset of symptoms. She developed symptoms on August 29, and was admitted for treatment on August 31. The patient is in serious condition.
From 2014 to date, 51 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 11 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022