China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Oct, 19, 2021 12:55 PM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Releases
The case involves a 60-year-old woman living in Changde in Hunan Province. She is a farmer and had exposure to dead poultry. She developed symptoms on October 3, and was admitted for treatment on October 13. The patient is in critical condition.
From 2014 to date, 48 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 11 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022