WHO: Human infection with avian influenza A(H5N1) virus
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 15, 2020 12:32 PM from WHO
As of 5 November 2020, a total of 239 cases of human infection with avian influenza A(H5N1) virus were reported from four countries within the Western Pacific Region since January 2003 (Table 1). Of these cases, 134 were fatal, resulting in a case fatality rate (CFR) of 56%. The last case was reported from Lao PDR, with an onset date of 13 October 2020 (one case, no death).
- China: CHP closely monitors three human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland 13 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Sichuan Jul, 15, 2021
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N8), Viet Nam Jul, 6, 2021
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N1), Togo Jul, 2, 2021
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with H5) (non-poultry including wild birds), Russia Jun, 29, 2021