China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Guangxi
submited by kickingbird at Aug, 21, 2018 9:8 AM from Hong Kong Governmental News
The case involved a 42-year-old man from Xingbin district of Laibin city in Guangxi. He developed symptoms on August 10 and was hospitalised on August 15 in the people´s hospital of Laibin City. He is now in a serious condition. The patient had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
From 2014 to date, 20 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Nigeria 3 hours ago
- China: A human H9N2 case reported in Yunnan 3 hours ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds), Namibia 4 days ago
- OIE: Equine influenza, Nigeria 9 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds), Kuwait 9 days ago