China: Yunnan reported one human H7N9 AIV case in Kunming
submited by kickingbird at Dec, 2, 2017 18:10 PM from HFPC of Yunan
According to the HFPC of Yunnan province on 2nd Dec 2017, one human H7N9 AIV case was reported in Kunming city on 30th,Nov. The 64-year-old male, lived in Xundian county of Kunming city, had raised more than ten chickens in his own home. Several chicken died piror to the patient´s onset of symptoms. Epidemiological investigation revealed that he had contact history with live and dead chicken and chicken manure. Now the patient remains in hospital for quarantine and treatment. All close contacts were under medical monitoring and no one showed ILI symptoms so far.
The news did not reveal the pathogenic type(HP or LP) of the H7N9 virus in this case.This is the first H7N9 human case reported in Yunnan since this winter.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022