China: Shanxi reported first human H7N9 AIV case
submited by kickingbird at May, 17, 2017 10:46 AM from HFPC of Shanxi
According to the HFPC of Shanxi province, Shanxi confirmed the first human H7N9 AIV case on 16th May.
The 66-year-old female patient, surname Zhang, lived in Datong city of Shanxi province. She had onset of symptoms(fever) on the night of 1st May, and her condition was not improved after self medication. She had symptoms as vomitting, fever, cough, short of breath,fatigue etc.,al on the night of 7th May. She went to Datong New Health hospital for consultation on 8th May and was admitted into hospital for treatment for 4 days, with no improvement of her condition. The patient was transferred into ICU of Datong 3rd hospital for further treatment as her condition worsen(antivial oseltamivir used). She was diagnosed as ARDS on 14th May and was transferred into designated hospital´s ICU(Datong 4th hospital) for qurantine and treatment on the morning of 15th May. Currently she is in serious but stable condition.
The samples of the patient tested positive for H7N9 on 14h,15th,16th May by Datong city CDC,Shanxi provincial CDC and China CDC respectively.
The expert team diagnosed her as human H7N9 AIV case after consider the epidemiological history, clinical symptoms, and lab results.
The close contacts of the patients were under medical monitoring, and had showed no ILI symptoms so far.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022