China: CHP notified of human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 4, 2017 0:55 AM from CHP,HongKong
The 17 male and four female patients, aged from 10 to 77, had their onset from February 10 to 27. The cases were from Guangdong (six cases), Anhui (four cases), Jiangsu (three cases), two cases each in Guangxi and Jiangxi, and one case each in Hubei, Hunan, Shanghai and Zhejiang. Among them, 18 were known to have exposure to poultry or poultry markets.
Of note, according to the surveillance of the Guangdong Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, from February 22 to 28, among 855 environmental samples collected from 89 markets in various areas in Guangdong, 83 samples from 27 markets tested positive for H7 virus, i.e. about 30 per cent of the markets in Guangdong and 9.7 per cent of the samples were positive.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, South Africa 13 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, China (People´s Rep. of) 14 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Chinese Taipei May, 31, 2019
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Nigeria May, 30, 2019
- OIE: Equine influenza, Senegal May, 25, 2019