China: CHP notified of additional 83 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland in December
submited by kickingbird at Jan, 9, 2017 17:50 PM from www.info.gov.hk
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health today (January 9) received notification from the National Health and Family Planning Commission that 83 additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9), including 25 deaths, were recorded last month. The CHP again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.
The 54 male and 29 female patients aged from 23 to 91 from Jiangsu (52 cases), Zhejiang (21 cases), Anhui (nine cases) and Fujian (one case) had their onset from November 22 to December 29, 2016. Among them, 58 reported exposure to poultry or poultry market while the source of infection of 17 cases was under investigation.
"Most human cases occurred in winter and spring while disease activity was low in summer and autumn. From 2013 to date, 900 human cases have been reported by the Mainland health authorities, 125 of which have been recorded from November 2016 thus far," a spokesman for the CHP said.
case table for 2016052_EN.pdf
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 15 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022