China: CHP investigates imported human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in HongKong
submited by kickingbird at Dec, 20, 2016 7:57 AM from NEWS.GOV.HK
The male patient, aged 75 with underlying illnesses, travelled to Changping, Dongguan alone on November 28 and attended a hospital there for chest discomfort on December 8. He returned to Hong Kong via Lo Wu on December 9 and was directly admitted to North District Hospital by ambulance for cough with sputum, shortness of breath, runny nose and chest discomfort. His nasopharyngeal swab tested positive for enterovirus/rhinovirus and negative for influenza virus upon testing by the CHP´s Public Health Laboratory Services Branch (PHLSB).
The patient subsequently developed fever on December 17 and the clinical diagnosis was pneumonia. His nasopharyngeal aspirate collected today was confirmed to be positive for influenza A(H7N9) virus by the PHLSB tonight. He is now in serious condition and is under isolation and further management.
The patient denied recent exposure to poultry or wet market.
His home contacts have remained asymptomatic so far and have been put under medical surveillance. Tracing of his other contacts in Hong Kong, if any, is underway.
Please refer CIMS map for detail report: http://map.flu.org.cn/Report.aspx
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 15 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022