China: CHP notified of two human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 12, 2016 11:57 AM from CHP, Hong Kong
The two patients are:
- A female farmer aged 77 from Huzhou, Zhejiang, in serious condition. She bought poultry from a live poultry market before onset; and
- A man aged 89 from Suzhou, Jiangsu, in serious condition.
"As winter approaches, based on the seasonal pattern of avian influenza viruses, their activity in the Mainland is expected to increase. The public should avoid contact with poultry, birds and their droppings and should not visit live poultry markets and farms to prevent avian influenza," a spokesman for the CHP said.
From 2013 to date, 777 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 15 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022