China: CHP notified of two human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 12, 2016 11:57 AM from CHP, Hong Kong
The two patients are:
- A female farmer aged 77 from Huzhou, Zhejiang, in serious condition. She bought poultry from a live poultry market before onset; and
- A man aged 89 from Suzhou, Jiangsu, in serious condition.
"As winter approaches, based on the seasonal pattern of avian influenza viruses, their activity in the Mainland is expected to increase. The public should avoid contact with poultry, birds and their droppings and should not visit live poultry markets and farms to prevent avian influenza," a spokesman for the CHP said.
From 2013 to date, 777 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Vietnam 6 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Chinese Taipei 7 days ago
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry), Chile 10 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Nepal 13 days ago
- China: A human H5N6 case reported in Beijing Aug, 21, 2019