China: CHP closely monitors additional human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Jun, 11, 2015 17:7 PM from CHP, Hong Kong S.A.R
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) is today (June 11) closely monitoring an additional human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in the Mainland, and again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.
According to the Shanghai Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning, the patient is a 61-year-old man who is under treatment.
From 2013 to date, 641 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities. Regarding the third wave in the Mainland since November 2014, a total of 201 cases have been reported, including 72 in Guangdong, 40 in Fujian, 40 in Zhejiang, 18 in Jiangsu, eight in Anhui, seven in Xinjiang, seven in Shanghai, three in Jiangxi, two in Hunan, two in Shandong, one in Guizhou and one in Hubei.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 15 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022