China: Update of human avian influenza in Guangdong
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 9, 2015 0:33 AM from CHP, HongKong
Situation in GD
According to the GDHFPC, the two male patients, aged 62 in Foshan and aged 57 in Jiangmen, were hospitalised for management in critical and serious condition respectively.
The activity of avian influenza viruses in the Mainland remains high this winter and cases in GD are on the rise. To date, 599 cases have been reported by the Mainland health authorities cumulatively since 2013, with 181 (30 per cent) from GD. In GD, 72 cases (40 per cent) with onsets since November 2014 were reported, including 13 from Shenzhen, eight each in Dongguan and Meizhou, etc (see Attachment for geographical distribution).
The remaining cases in other areas were from Zhejiang (156 cases), Jiangsu (70 cases), Fujian (58 cases), Shanghai (45 cases), Anhui (24 cases), Hunan (24 cases), Xinjiang (10 cases), Jiangxi (nine cases), Shandong (six cases), Beijing (five cases), Henan (four cases), Guangxi (three cases), Jilin (two cases), Guizhou and Hebei (one case each).
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (Infection with H5) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), Russia 6 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5), Kazakhstan 7 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors two human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland Sep, 30, 2021
- China: CHP closely monitors fatal human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland Sep, 29, 2021
- China: Guangdong reported a human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Dongguan city Sep, 22, 2021