China: CHP notified of five additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Guangdong
submited by kickingbird at Feb, 22, 2015 19:21 PM from CHP, HongKong
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) is today (February 22) closely monitoring five additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) notified by the Health and Family Planning Commission of Guangdong Province (GDHFPC), and again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.
According to the GDHFPC, five male patients aged from 51 to 57 from Meizhou, Shantou, Jiangmen, Huizhou and Heyuan are hospitalised for treatment. Three of them are in critical condition, one in serious condition and one in stable condition.
To date, 582 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities, respectively in Guangdong (171 cases), Zhejiang (156 cases), Jiangsu (70 cases), Fujian (58 cases), Shanghai (45 cases), Hunan (24 cases), Anhui (17 cases), Xinjiang (10 cases), Jiangxi (nine cases), Shandong (six cases), Beijing (five cases), Henan (four cases), Guangxi (three cases), Jilin (two cases), Guizhou (one case) and Hebei (one case).
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022