China: CHP notified of five additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Guangdong
submited by kickingbird at Feb, 22, 2015 19:21 PM from CHP, HongKong
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) is today (February 22) closely monitoring five additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) notified by the Health and Family Planning Commission of Guangdong Province (GDHFPC), and again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.
According to the GDHFPC, five male patients aged from 51 to 57 from Meizhou, Shantou, Jiangmen, Huizhou and Heyuan are hospitalised for treatment. Three of them are in critical condition, one in serious condition and one in stable condition.
To date, 582 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities, respectively in Guangdong (171 cases), Zhejiang (156 cases), Jiangsu (70 cases), Fujian (58 cases), Shanghai (45 cases), Hunan (24 cases), Anhui (17 cases), Xinjiang (10 cases), Jiangxi (nine cases), Shandong (six cases), Beijing (five cases), Henan (four cases), Guangxi (three cases), Jilin (two cases), Guizhou (one case) and Hebei (one case).
- OIE: Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (Infection with H5) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), Russia 6 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5), Kazakhstan 7 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors two human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland Sep, 30, 2021
- China: CHP closely monitors fatal human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland Sep, 29, 2021
- China: Guangdong reported a human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Dongguan city Sep, 22, 2021