China: H5N1 bird flu reported in Ningxia Hui autonomous region
submited by kickingbird at Apr, 18, 2012 19:52 PM from Xinhua News Agency
More than 23,000 chickens at several farms in a village of Touying town in the city of Guyuan in Ningxia showed symptoms of suspected avian flu Friday and the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory confirmed the epidemic was a H5N1 bird flu case after testing samples collected at those sites, according to the MOA.
The body said in a statement that a total of 95,000 chickens have been culled after the H5N1 bird flu case was confirmed.
"The epidemic is under control now," it said, as a team was dispatched to the quarantined area to guide epidemic prevention.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 15 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022