Avian influenza - situation in Egypt - update 38
submited by pub4world at Dec, 8, 2010 22:4 PM from WHO
8 December 2010 -- The Ministry of Health of Egypt has announced a new case of human infection of H5N1 avian influenza. A 30-year-old female from Gharbia Governorate, developed symptoms on 28 November, was hospitalized on 1st of December, where she received oseltamivir treatment, and died on 2nd of December.
Investigations into the source of infection indicated that the case had exposure to sick and dead poultry.
The case was confirmed by the Egyptian Central Public Health Laboratories, a National Influenza Center of the WHO Global Influenza Surveillance Network (GISN).
Of the 113 cases confirmed to date in Egypt, 37 have been fatal.
- WOAH: Italy - high pathogenicity avian influenza viruses (H5N1)(poultry) Mar, 12, 2023
- WOAH: Cambodia - influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity(H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) Mar, 12, 2023
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan province Mar, 2, 2023
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Feb, 26, 2023
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan province Feb, 26, 2023
[Go Top] [Close Window]