Mass flu symptoms reported in two more classes in Macao
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 24, 2010 9:44 AM from People Daily
According to the Health Bureau, a total of nine children aged four to five had reported symptoms of cough and fever. All have been taken to hospital but released soon after receiving medical treatment.
The Bureau has thus received six mass flu reports in just five days, a situation that prompted the Bureau to announce Macao has entered peak period for seasonal influenza.
Besides, the Health Bureau revealed there had been six more flu cases in classes or dormitory that had reports of mass flu symptoms before.
The Health Bureau has been collecting sample of viruses from some affected children for analysis. It also asked schools involved to enhance flu-preventive measures and students are not allowed to school if they have flu symptoms.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022