First shipment of A/H1N1 flu equipment to arrive in Nepal
submited by wanglh at Jan, 11, 2010 15:51 PM from People Daily
Kandel was quoted by Monday"e;s The Himalayan Times daily as saying that the WHO headquarters in Geneva had already shipped the equipment. The hand over, he said, would take place as soon as the equipment arrives in Nepal.
The equipment will be first handed over to the Ministry of Health and Population for onward distribution to five hospitals, he added.
The shipment of equipment is for strengthening the hospital capacity and to treat the patients in full-fledged condition, Kandel said.
"The headquarters is also due to dispatch swine flu vaccine by January end," he said, adding that they would be sending vaccine to around 10 percent of the total population.
According to the Avian Influenza Control Project, a total of 171 cases of pandemic influenza were recorded in the country. Out of the total number of recorded cases, two persons have succumbed to the disease thus far.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022