China: a human H5N1 death reported in Guangxi
submited by kickingbird at Jan, 26, 2009 22:46 PM from Xinhua News Agency
According to a press release posted on the website of the Ministry of Health, the man surnamed Liang fell ill on Jan. 19 in Beiliu City of Guangxi.
Liang was transferred to Yulin Municipal Red Cross Hospital on Jan. 24. He died on Monday.
The young man tested positive for the H5N1 strain of avian influenza, according to the test result on Monday from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
The ministry said it had reported the case to the World Health Organization and informed the health authorities of China´s Hong Kong and Macao special administrative regions.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022