WHO:Avian influenza-situation in Indonesia-update 19
submited by kickingbird at Oct, 13, 2007 8:30 AM from WHO
12 October 2007
The Ministry of Health of Indonesia has announced a new case of human infection of H5N1 avian influenza. A 12-year-old male from Tangerang District in Banten Province developed symptoms on 30 September and is currently in hospital. The investigation team found that he had direct contact with dead chicken near his school in the days before his illness.
Of the 109 cases confirmed to date in Indonesia, 87 have been fatal.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022