WHO: Global meeting on access to H5N1 and other pandemic vaccines
submited by kickingbird at Apr, 21, 2007 8:55 AM from WHO
In recent months, several developing countries have brought to the world´s attention their need to have access to an adequate stock of H5N1 and other pandemic vaccines. The 25 April meeting is a follow-up to earlier meetings, most recently in Jakarta, Indonesia, and discussions at the Fifty-ninth World Health Assembly in 2006. The meeting will focus on options for increasing the access of developing countries to potential pandemic vaccines. It will bring together representatives from countries affected by H5N1, plus vaccine manufacturers and donors, to agree on preferred strategies for vaccine production and access. Potential outcomes include an agreement on mechanisms for access to vaccines, including stockpiling options.
WHERE: Executive Board Room, World Health Organization Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland.
WHEN: Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 09h00 to 17h30.
The meeting is open to the media. After the close of the meeting, there will be a media briefing at WHO, to which journalists outside Geneva will be able to listen. Details on how to dial in to this press briefing will follow.
For more information, journalists can contact:
Communications Adviser, WHO
Telephone: +41 22 791 4858
Mobile: +41 79 203 6715
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 14 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022