How prepared is the EU for an influenza pandemic?
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 4, 2007 10:30 AM from ECDC
A new ECDC Technical Report published today reviews the state of preparedness of EU and EEA/EFTA Member States against a possible influenza pandemic. While much has been done since 2005 to improve preparedness, the report identifies a number of areas where more work needs to be done. The report was presented by Zsuzsanna Jakab, Director of ECDC, at a webinar hosted on ECDC’s website. Denis Coulombier, Head of ECDC´s Preparedness and Response Unit and Angus Nicoll, Project Coordinator for Influenza at ECDC also spoke at the webcast.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022