PAHO conducts Avian Influenza preparedness workshop in Grenada
submited by wanglh at Jul, 7, 2006 8:22 AM from GBN
The Pan American Health Organization is conducting a national workshop on Avian Influenza preparedness here this week.
The workshop which will be held on Thursday and Friday is designed to help the country prepare in the event that there is an outbreak of the avian influenza virus.
At the end of the exercise, Grenada will be able to prepare a comprehensive National Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Plan (NIPPP), based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO).
It will attract a wide cross section of participants from the medical and hospital services, tourism, agricultural, port health surveillance, information & communication, and national disaster response.
They will establish a comprehensive national approach to the detection, prevention, control, and management of the avian influenza in animals and humans.
The workshop will be held at the Ministry of Works conference room at the Botanical Gardens Ministerial Complex.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 7 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022